I have been using this playdough recipe for years! I can’t remember where I got it from but it’s super easy to make considering there is no cooking!
It truly is fail proof, every time I make it, it turns out perfect. It is super soft and doesn’t dry out easily. We store the playdough in zip lock bags once the girls are finished playing with them. I usually double the recipe as well.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp of oil (any type will do)
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl according to the order above.
- Mix with a fork as it will be very hot.
- Once you are able to touch it a bit, knead it for a bit in the bowl then turn it out onto a floured surface and knead it some more until you get a nice soft and smooth dough.
- Then add food colouring to make your colours.